Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Pedals not working.

Question
QUESTION: Hi,  I purchased a Thomas Californian 261 a while back and for at least a year or two, it has been working fine.  I recently was playing it, and the bass pedals stopped working.  You pressed, they can be very faintly heard, and they respond to tempo changes and the octave function, but they are barely audible.  If there something you can suggest to diagnose and repair the problem?  Everything else on the organ seems to be working fine.  Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.
Dave

ANSWER: Hello Dave!  My first thought is to check the amp output that feeds the large pedal speaker.  Some organs have crossovers that could also be a point of trouble.  The complicating factor is all the circuits that affect the pedals.  If an automatic pedal circuit of some type goes bad it could lock up the manual pedal function.

Try connecting headphones to the organ and see if you can hear the pedal through them clearly.  If so, I'd suspect the speaker or crossover.  

Make certain all the connections are good by pressing them into their sockets.  Make certain there are no wires broken or gnawed (I never rule out critters).

Lastly, try working all the automatic controls up and down, back and forth and/or in and out to clean the contacts.  Until I have more information, this should at least give you a few things to try.  

QUESTION: Thanks for your quick and thorough response.  Still no luck though.  So i plugged my headphones in and still no sound, just a faint tone of the pedal's note, but very quiet and almost garbled.  

I'm not very tech savy and there are literally hundreds of wires.  It doesn't seem like anything is loose or cut, and there was nothing that happened to the organ to cause a problem.  I was literally playing it, and the pedals suddenly stopped working.  Any other thoughts?

If you could keep your answer, baring in mind my lack of tech skills, i'd very much appreciate it.  Thanks again for your time.

Answer
This is going to be tough diagnosing the problem without being there, with a few tools.  If you hear the voices, this means at least the oscillators are working.  I suspect you either have a bad pedal amp, crossover, or speaker...if the auto pedal circuitry is not at fault.  Organs are very complex devices and sometimes need expertise to sort things out.  At this point, there is very little I can do with out being able to troubleshoot.  The more information I have the better I can help.  Unfortunately, things start getting pretty technical from here on out.  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Thomas Britanyak