Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/piano information

I've leland chicago upright piano by lyon and healy serial number 62811. Any information would be helpful.  Thanks

Lyon and Healy was a major piano and music manufacturer.  They also produced as the Washburn Piano Company.  It was founded in Chicago in 1864.  I don't see any record of a Chicago Leland piano and suspect that might be due to that Leland is a street in Chicago.  I was not able to find the serial number, but I did find that available uprights, of various manufacturers, can range from $45,000 to $12,000.  This depends largely on its condition.  A Lyon and Healy piano is a very good one.  My grandmother had a baby grand.  Even though it had not been played and was an ornament, it brought $1100 at auction. Has it been played? Are the strings discolored?  Has it been tuned?  Have a piano tuner look at it for a more precise evaluation. Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology