Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/piano information

Question
I've leland chicago upright piano by lyon and healy serial number 62811. Any information would be helpful.  Thanks

Answer
Lyon and Healy was a major piano and music manufacturer.  They also produced as the Washburn Piano Company.  It was founded in Chicago in 1864.  I don't see any record of a Chicago Leland piano and suspect that might be due to that Leland is a street in Chicago.  I was not able to find the serial number, but I did find that available uprights, of various manufacturers, can range from $45,000 to $12,000.  This depends largely on its condition.  A Lyon and Healy piano is a very good one.  My grandmother had a baby grand.  Even though it had not been played and was an ornament, it brought $1100 at auction. Has it been played? Are the strings discolored?  Has it been tuned?  Have a piano tuner look at it for a more precise evaluation. Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling