Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Kimball piano

Question
We have a piano passed down a couple of generations. I do not know anything about pianos. Id like to find out when it was made and approx. retail. It's in good shape but does need a tuneing. Any information would be helpful.
Thank You!

Answer
Hi Sandi,

The first step is to have your piano serviced. The tuner-technician can then locate the serial number which can be used to date the instrument. He/she will also be able to visually inspect the 12,000 parts, evaluate the actual condition, and appraise its fair market value.

If you do not have a technician and need a referral in your area, you can contact the Piano Technicians Guild (www.ptg.org). Good luck.

Sam Noel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Samuel Noel