Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Lowery Piano

QUESTION: My son has a Lowery Piano that he needs to sell and we know nothing about. He found a number on the back which is #101375 but we were not sure this is serial number for it. It is in great condition, one small scratch on bench only. Can you give me information regarding age and price it would be worth? I could send a picture if that would help in any way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This was a company started by CMI in 1963 when they bought Story and Clark. The numbers are the same as Story and Clark after 1969 but your number doesn't fit as CMI kept no records.

In this case, a picture of the outside and the inside is the way to go.

When you take a picture of the inside, open the lid and remove that front board. I need to see the configuration of the action.

Get back to me whenever you get those shots.

piano pictures
piano pictures  

piano pictures
piano pictures  
QUESTION: Here are the pictures, hope this helps.

Hi Cathy:

The pictures I need are of the outside (a shot of the front of the piano showing the whole thing) and the inside workings (the moving parts)

I see the serial number, but as I said the manufacturer kept no records, and the bottom of the inside of the piano showing the bass bridge and strings.

Let's try this, can you give me the height of the piano from the floor.

This will give me a clue to its configuration.

And, those pictures would surely help.

I'll wait to hear from you.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti

I am a Registered/tested member of the Piano Technicians Guild (RPT) with 49 years of experience in all phases and levels of the acoustic piano. I will answer any questions regarding acoustic pianos only. All questions and answers are to remain public. Please to not include sensitive material! If they are marked private, I will change them to public. My answers may be of assistance to others. If privacy is an issue, please contact me through my web site: http://www.onestipiano.com Electronic keyboards, organs, and player/reproducing piano mechanisms are outside of my expertise. Anything to do with: Construction, Service, Tuning, Climate Control Systems, Piano Disc, Purchasing, Selling, Insurance Appraisal, Rebuilding, Repairs, Legal issues, Maintenance, Environmental issues, Finish issues with acoustic pianos. My full resume can be found at: http://onestipiano.com/pages/history.html You can like us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/onestipianoservice

In business since 1964, Extensive Rebuilding/Repair/Service facility. A certified, tested, member of the Piano Technicians Guild, Member of the Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. Have performed piano service on Concert Stage, Recording Studios, and in the home. Http://www.onestipiano.com. The shop's work comes from all over the world from private clients or other techncians.

The Piano Technicians Guild, Master Piano Technicians of America, Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. (TASA), IAPBT. The Piano Technicians Guild is the only organization in the US that offers a certification test to become Registered. There are no "factory authorized techncians".

The Piano Technicians Journal

Attented Temple University, Drexel University, Philadelphia Community college all in the areas of engineering and Music. I taught a two semester course in Piano Technology and the related acoustical physics at Temple University. I have taught extensively for the Piano Technicians Guild and the Master Piano Technicians of America.

Service Award for the Rose Tree Media School District in Pennsylvania. Chapter Award from the Philadelphia Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild.

The list is rather extensive. I would suggest you go http://onestipiano.com/pages/testimonials.html where there is a comprehensive list of clients past and present.