Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Where is the serial # 5'8" Horugel ebony grand piano?

Ralph, I own a 5'8" Horugel ebony grand piano. Where is the serial # to be found? I did find a number stamped on the top of the frame, but I'm not sure if the is the right number. thanks a bunch!

Hi Larry:

Grand pianos have serial numbers in several places.

The most usual one is on the steel plate in or around the tuning pin area.

Other places might be on the side of the steel strut on the plate to under the have to get down there and look up with a flashlight.

The Horuget serial numbers go from 8800 in 1902 to 45100 in 1952.

Then...Samick re-introduced the name in 1976 with a serial number of "1" and the grand pianos had serial numbers of 5000.

Do you think its the newer Samick version, or the old German version?

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti

I am a Registered/tested member of the Piano Technicians Guild (RPT) with 49 years of experience in all phases and levels of the acoustic piano. I will answer any questions regarding acoustic pianos only. All questions and answers are to remain public. Please to not include sensitive material! If they are marked private, I will change them to public. My answers may be of assistance to others. If privacy is an issue, please contact me through my web site: Electronic keyboards, organs, and player/reproducing piano mechanisms are outside of my expertise. Anything to do with: Construction, Service, Tuning, Climate Control Systems, Piano Disc, Purchasing, Selling, Insurance Appraisal, Rebuilding, Repairs, Legal issues, Maintenance, Environmental issues, Finish issues with acoustic pianos. My full resume can be found at: You can like us on Facebook at:

In business since 1964, Extensive Rebuilding/Repair/Service facility. A certified, tested, member of the Piano Technicians Guild, Member of the Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. Have performed piano service on Concert Stage, Recording Studios, and in the home. Http:// The shop's work comes from all over the world from private clients or other techncians.

The Piano Technicians Guild, Master Piano Technicians of America, Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. (TASA), IAPBT. The Piano Technicians Guild is the only organization in the US that offers a certification test to become Registered. There are no "factory authorized techncians".

The Piano Technicians Journal

Attented Temple University, Drexel University, Philadelphia Community college all in the areas of engineering and Music. I taught a two semester course in Piano Technology and the related acoustical physics at Temple University. I have taught extensively for the Piano Technicians Guild and the Master Piano Technicians of America.

Service Award for the Rose Tree Media School District in Pennsylvania. Chapter Award from the Philadelphia Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild.

The list is rather extensive. I would suggest you go where there is a comprehensive list of clients past and present.