Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/info on piano

I would like any information you might have on my Mathushek upright piano.  The serial number is: 81864.
Thank you so much.
PS So happy with your profile- particularly the credentials
God bless you

The Mathushek Company is an old piano manufacturer.  Before founding his company in 1863, Frederick Mathushek built pianos as early as 1852.  They were known for their square grand pianos.  When he son joined the business--becoming Mathushek and Son--, they began building uprights and players, as well as grands.  Is the imprint of your instrument Mathushek and Son?  Checking the serial number, I'd estimate that it was built around 1934-1935 (1934--8100 and 1935--82500).
    The important question is the condition of the piano.  Is it playable? Can it hold a tune?  What is the condition of the strings? What is the condition of the keys?  Joel

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology