Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Merlin inverted grand player piano

Seeking information on value pre and post restore patent no. 31454

The Mehlin piano seemed to be unique because it combined the grand and upright pianos in one.  They sold well in the 20th century.  They were well made, and they restored well.  I checked various online grand/upright piano sellers and didn't see any Mehlins that were specifically grand upright.  Grands ranged from about $27,500--30,000.  Uprights were about $550--12,000.  The value would depend upon its condition.  If necessary, it'd likely be worth restoring because they appear to be solid pianos.  Check with a piano dealer or technician for a more precise evaluation.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology