Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/exercises

I am searching for great scale exercises. I use the Hanon 1 exercise (played in different keys and speed) as a warm up and also for learning to play different scales. But I would need some scale exercises (other than just playing different scales up and down on the keyboard) that are good for learning theory and improvisation. Do you know of any such exercises?

Go to the "Sheet Music Plus" website.  Type in "piano technique" and you'll get lots of options.  Go, too, to "Encore Music."  Click on "piano", then look for "instruction for piano."  There are many books.  Check, especially, the ones by Carl  Czerny.  He has one, I think, on finger dexterity, but he wrote a lot of lesson material.  

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology