Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Value of W.P. Haines & Co. Upright Piano

WP Haines Piano logo
WP Haines Piano logo  
I don't know how or where to look for the serial # on the piano.  However, numbers 88960 were in the back upper left corner.  It hasn't been played in decades so the sound and keys are not well.  Keys stick.  Don't know if it's worth tuning or changing parts but wish to sell it. The piano is fairly dark wood - don't know what kind of wood.  Never been restored.  It has never been touched-up.

Hi Cheryl:

Typically these pianos change hands anywhere from free to 200.00 in really good shape.

It sounds like you just want to sell it and make it go away.

Don't put any money into the piano.

Make up a flyer, distribute it where ever they allow community service stuff and there is always Craig's list.

Sell it with no warranty either written or implied and insist on a real piano mover to get it out of your home.

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti

I am a Registered/tested member of the Piano Technicians Guild (RPT) with 49 years of experience in all phases and levels of the acoustic piano. I will answer any questions regarding acoustic pianos only. All questions and answers are to remain public. Please to not include sensitive material! If they are marked private, I will change them to public. My answers may be of assistance to others. If privacy is an issue, please contact me through my web site: Electronic keyboards, organs, and player/reproducing piano mechanisms are outside of my expertise. Anything to do with: Construction, Service, Tuning, Climate Control Systems, Piano Disc, Purchasing, Selling, Insurance Appraisal, Rebuilding, Repairs, Legal issues, Maintenance, Environmental issues, Finish issues with acoustic pianos. My full resume can be found at: You can like us on Facebook at:

In business since 1964, Extensive Rebuilding/Repair/Service facility. A certified, tested, member of the Piano Technicians Guild, Member of the Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. Have performed piano service on Concert Stage, Recording Studios, and in the home. Http:// The shop's work comes from all over the world from private clients or other techncians.

The Piano Technicians Guild, Master Piano Technicians of America, Technical Advisory Service to Attorneys. (TASA), IAPBT. The Piano Technicians Guild is the only organization in the US that offers a certification test to become Registered. There are no "factory authorized techncians".

The Piano Technicians Journal

Attented Temple University, Drexel University, Philadelphia Community college all in the areas of engineering and Music. I taught a two semester course in Piano Technology and the related acoustical physics at Temple University. I have taught extensively for the Piano Technicians Guild and the Master Piano Technicians of America.

Service Award for the Rose Tree Media School District in Pennsylvania. Chapter Award from the Philadelphia Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild.

The list is rather extensive. I would suggest you go where there is a comprehensive list of clients past and present.