Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Wheelock

Question
Serial number 34858
Serial number 34858  

Case number 804
Case number 804  
Hi Ralph, I have a wheelock piano, but I am not sure if also is a pianola. The serial number is # 34858, and the case number is #804. I have some questions for you:

- Production date?
- Model number?
- Is just a piano? also it was a pianola?
- Is possible to find the original catalogue?
- Do you have pictures of this model?

I am trying to restore it as much as possible.

Answer
Hi Camilo:

Production Date: 1920

Model Number: Probably was none

Is just a piano: you mean as opposed to a player. Long answer. If there was room for a player and evidence, like doors in the front where the spool box was...then it used to be. This piano was made by
Aeolian and they were manufacturers of player pianos. Many times these pianos were players and were gutted with parts scavenged.

Is possible to find the original catalog: For that you can go to AMICA: The Automatic Musical Instrument Collectors Association. There you may find a collector with original documents.

Do you have pictures: Back to AMICA for that...if you're lucky  you will find someone who collects such things.

Be careful on the restoration process. There are some great restorers and many who are NOT!

Again, the people at AMICA may be able to guide you in this process.

Restoration is bloody expensive. You need to assess if it is cost effective.

Good luck and be careful!

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Ralph Onesti