Piano, Organ, and Keyboard/Trowbridge Piano Co. identification

Trowbridge Piano
Trowbridge Piano  

Trowbridge Piano
Trowbridge Piano  
I have a beautiful antique Trowbridge Piano Co. Boston Mass., that I inherited when my grandmother passed away. I am trying to discover more information about it. I know that it was bought used when my grandmother was very young, like 1930-40's. It has been in the family ever since, and I grew up playing it. I also know it is from the 1900-1915's, and is in great condition we still play it daily. Any information you may have or point me towards would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

The most I can find about Trowbridge Pianos is that the company was founded in 1888 in Franklin, MA and that they had better quality pianos.  I saw an earlier allexperts posting that said that s Trowbridge upright, in good condition, may be worth several hundred dollars.  I looked for Trowbridge pianos listed for sale to give more of  an idea of value, but I couldn't find any.  You might want to check with a local piano dealer or a piano technician

Piano, Organ, and Keyboard

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about playing the piano, playing technique, and piano literature.

I have played piano for over forty years. I have taught private piano. I have also played in church. I am especially interested in the piano as a music ministry. I have also written several compositions for piano.

I'm a past member of the National Guild of Piano Teachers.

Making Music Magazine Newsletter of the Illinois Country Music Association

BA, Behavioral Science, Oral Roberts University (1975) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary (1980) I have had courses in Music Appreciation, Music Theory, and in Hymnology