Picture Framing and Art Preservation/Leslie Gilbert

Kevin wrote at 2009-02-01 13:58:09

I also have a watercolour of Dulwich by Leslie Gilbert.  I have taken pains to find the answer to this posters question but to no real avail.  However, what I have found leads me to believe that they are one and the same person, born 13th April 1912 in Stoke on Trent, Staffs, died 11th February 2008, Leek, Staffs.  Obit. in the Independent.

I would be interested in seeing these two pictures of Dulwich & Peckham as I am from the area.  I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Good luck.....Kevin

Douglas wrote at 2015-09-18 09:51:49
I am aware of four Gilbert watercolours, two of Dulwich Village and two of Dulwich College. I know they were painted in the early/mid 1930s. They are all signed Leslie I Gilbert in that case format - so differ from the signature on the watercolours by Gilbert from Stoke on Trent.

Picture Framing and Art Preservation

Sara Tro