Picture Framing and Art Preservation/Synthetic frames

Max the Framer wrote at 2014-09-17 09:00:23
I read on the British picture framers' Grumble that putting a v-nail too close to the outer corner, as you would with a wood moulding can force the frame apart at that point, even if it has been glued and dried before pinning.  So the answer may be to move your v-nail a little further in from the outside corner than you normally would.  I personally have not had the problem but maybe that is because I tend to move the outside v-mail further in simply to avoid breaking the brittle moulding where it is often the weakest.  

Picture Framing and Art Preservation

Jennifer Pierce

I can answer any questions related to picture framing, art display, or art installation, including very large pieces, canvas stretching, shadow boxing, needlework mounting, and just about any type of dimensional or non-dimensional artwork display. The only questions I cannot answer pertain to fine artwork restoration (e.g. your Van Gogh oil painting is faded and you want it to be restored to the original brilliance--call a reputable museum for that).

I have been in the picture framing business since 1987, with a specialization in hospitality (hotels) and commercial office installations. I have worked on artwork for nearly every major hotel and design firm in the world and have designed some pretty wild installations. Additionally, I have experience with almost every type of conservation technique

All of my education was acquired in the field.