Picture Framing and Art Preservation/What are these photos I have

Question
I have acquired some photos of the Olympics. These photos seem to be either laminated or even printed on some type of vinyl and have felt backs. I was wondering what the purpose of such photos would be. Thanks.

Answer
It's hard to be completely certain without seeing them, but it sounds like they may be souvenir place mats. That would explain the vinyl (for easy cleaning) and the felt backing.

Do you have a picture of them you could send? Approximately how large are they?  

Picture Framing and Art Preservation

David Lantrip, MCPF, GCF