Pink Floyd/logo

shine logo
shine logo  
Hi can you tell me what the inspiration for the logo below was, I know its from floyds shine on box set. cheers dave

Hello Dave,
So sorry for my delayed answer.  I live in Boston and things have been crazy.  
Storm's book "mind over matter" page 121 gets into it a little bit.  He collaborated with Rob O'Connor on the logo.  Originally he wanted a lot of "hidden messages, inscribed in alchemical tabulations, circles within circles of Floyd history, ripples of musical and emotional resonance, etc etc.".  The triangle is a reference to ambition just like  Dark side the Moon album cover. Also included is the secret map-like references to the eight albums.  

Hope this helps.  

Pink Floyd

The Doctor

I'm recognized, worldwide as a leading expert on Pink Floyd. I'm the presenter and producer of a Pink Floyd podcast called "Brain Damage - the definitive Pink Floyd radio show" at Its been going strong since 2005... even the Floyd know about it (really, they do). Ask away... but please DO NOT ask me to appraise your rare Pink Floyd items.

See "Expertise"... I'm an avid Floyd fan/collector for 30+ years, since I was 8 years old. The sounds and sights of Pink Floyd have had a huge impact on my life.

I've been interviewed as an expert on Pink Floyd by several radio and television stations throughout North America.

BA in Radio from Emerson College