Pink Floyd/logo

Question
shine logo
shine logo  
Hi can you tell me what the inspiration for the logo below was, I know its from floyds shine on box set. cheers dave

Answer
Hello Dave,
So sorry for my delayed answer.  I live in Boston and things have been crazy.  
Storm's book "mind over matter" page 121 gets into it a little bit.  He collaborated with Rob O'Connor on the logo.  Originally he wanted a lot of "hidden messages, inscribed in alchemical tabulations, circles within circles of Floyd history, ripples of musical and emotional resonance, etc etc.".  The triangle is a reference to ambition just like  Dark side the Moon album cover. Also included is the secret map-like references to the eight albums.  

Hope this helps.  

Best,
Doc
Floydpodcast.com

Pink Floyd

The Doctor