Pittsburgh Steelers/Meet the Steelers

Hello my name is Tracy my eight year old son went to play football, he went to every pratice and was getting ready for his first game. My son has sickle cell and the Dr took him out because he has an enlarge speen. My son was very upset because he love football. My question is can he meet the player that has sickle cell. I dont want my son to give up on playing something he loves. Thank You Tracy

First of all, let me say I'm sorry to hear of your son's illness. Ryan Clark is the player on the Steelers that also suffers from Sickle Cell Anemia. I am going to take it upon myself to write to the Pittsburgh Steelers front office and also to Ryan Clark and let them know of your son's situation. It is my hope they will respond to you but I will need your contact information for them to reach you. Please email me with a phone number or mailing address for which you can be reached. Once you have provided that to me, I will contact the Steelers.

Thank you.

Harvey "Mr. Steeler" Aronson

Steelers Hotline web site

Pittsburgh Steelers

Harvey Aronson

I have the tools to answer nearly any question regarding the Pittsburgh Steelers

I've been a fan since 1972 and have volumes of books related to the subject

Published book "Pro Football's Most Passionate Fans", Editorial letters in many sports publications, current web site, "Steelers Hotline" (

B.A. Humanities and Fine Arts, major: communications, minor: journalism

2001 Visa Hall of Fans Award winner for Pittsburgh Steelers Honored at the Pro Football Hall of Fame as the Visa winner in 2002