Places to Meet People/Questions for an acting role

Question
Hello Dr. Neder,
  I was recently cast in Working, my high school's musical, as a prostitute named Roberta Victor.  Our director wants us to find an expert in our field and ask them some questions.  Obviously, I can't interview an actual prostitute, so I came to this site to see if you could offer some insight into the world of dating/prostitution.  Here are the questions we are supposed to ask.

1.  What do you like most about your job?
2.  What is the most challenging thing about your job?
3.  Why do you work?

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello Erin!

Well, actually, I'm a TYPE of prostitute. I whore-out my education, experience and knowledge for money, have lots of clients and most of my clients walk away satisfied. I even have a "pimp" - the government who wants half of everything I make yet doesn't even find me new customers!   ;)

1. That I get to answer fun questions like this!

Actually, it's that I feel like I'm really making a difference in the world. Maybe this answer isn't going to change your life, but many of them do - for good or bad - according to the feedback and responses I get in return. Sometimes that's just making someone feel better. Sometimes that's challenging someone's ideas and helping them think in new ways. Sometimes that's making them angry - which often leads to epiphanies and personal growth (and lots of hate-mail!)

2. That so many people come to me with their minds already made up and all they want me to do is to confirm some stupid thing they think - or want to think - is true. The second most challenging thing is people who think I can read someone else's mind. They ask me, "Why did my boyfriend say ... whatever". Erin, people are complicated emotional creatures. They do, say and think things for (literally) thousands of reasons. That leads to even more thousands of possible outcomes. I can't read minds and have learned to not even try.

3. Remember that pimp I told you about? He expects me to generate customers and if I don't, he gets really angry...

Actually; beyond just sustaining myself (paying my bills, dating, having heat and electricity, etc.) and contributing back to society, there's another - maybe even more important reason - why I work. It's to grow. I find that everyday I get just a little bit better. I learn some new things and I'm constantly amazed at how many new ways there are to look at the world.

So, Erin, that leads me to having to ask you the same questions!

1. What do you like most about school?
2. What's the most challenging thing you find about learning and acting?
3. Why do you continue going every single day? You could cut class, but here you are instead trying to find out more about your character. Why?

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

Places to Meet People

Dr. Dennis W. Neder