Places to Meet People/NOT ATTRACTED TO ANYONE

Question
I am 58...I am creative, attractive, financially good,love my music, art, friends, family etc...
but
I am not attracted to any man...can't find one I feel anything for....
The only man my heart went out in the past few months was this attractive, creative bum, and I had to get away from that....what's going on?  There's another creative man, not a bum, but he travels everywhere, never around....
.....I go online, I got all the time....just never see ANYONE who I feel ANY PULL towards...why?  
I always hear these women and men talking about all the people they are SOOOO attracted to...people they know and also celebrities, but I don't have any feeling towards the celebrity men either.....
.....no heart connection, nothing....How come some people seem to be attracted to EVERYONE it seems, and I don't seem to SEE that for me....it's sooo darn rare...and wny....
Previously I was married for 20 years.....so yeah, I have sustained a long term relationship....any help is appreciated.

Answer
Hello Angela!

The science of attraction isn't exactly a simple thing. There are many factors that go into what attracts us to someone else. Certainly, being attracted to someone's looks is one factor but it's only one of (literally) hundreds of individual elements.

Some people are attracted to a person's size. Some are attracted to the sound of a person's voice, some are attracted to how a person smells. Some are attracted to how sweet or nice or powerful or bold or creative a person is, etc. These are all very difficult things to express via an online profile. Further, when you're talking about hundreds or thousands of profiles to review you aren't exactly going to delve into what someone writes in much depth.

Further, it's being proven that each of us seem to have an "attraction fingerprint" that involves many individual elements. What works for you won't work for me for example.

You seem to think that this has something to do with a fault of yours but I think it's a matter of being more concerned with finding that right blend. What this does say however is that online dating isn't likely going to work well for you unless you decide to meet a LOT of people and are willing to be less discriminating up-front. In fact, that's about the only way to be successful with internet dating for anyone.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
323.638.4145
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

Places to Meet People

Dr. Dennis W. Neder