Planning with Primavera/Project Managment Scope

Question
Sir,

I am a civil engineer and currently doing Masters in Building Engg. & Mgmt. (Last sem), India.

Q-1) I am not interested to work on site, what are the options I have and what is the route at the same time I want to grow better in life.

Q-2) I am thinking to take up another degree through distance education mode so that I can enter into pure management (strategy plannincg, business development etc), please suggest, what should I study or the correct route to make a career ?

Q-3) What is the scope of project management in other countries other than Middle East ? How to get there ?

Basically I am not intersted to work on site as I feel the ethics/work environment at site are the worst compared to any other industry, so kindly suggest me some career.

Answer
Dear Talha,

I would prefer to reply as follows:

1- Look for consultants specially project management consultants.

2- In my personal opinion both options you mentioned are good.But go for the PMI Certifications like PMP etc.That will boost your cv also.

3-there is good scope of project Management in Middle east.

In the end i would advise you to work on site and this is required for better project management.It does not mean that if you go to site you will stick to Site works.Working as Site engineer or site planning engineer or Quality control will give experience which would be precious in your career.

Thanks

Taimoor

Planning with Primavera

Muhammad Taimoor Alam