Planning with Primavera/rate variance budget vs actual

I have following doubts.
1. When a prepare resource pool,the rate of concrete was $100 for cum.based on which my budget was made. But when i started executing the project,rate had come down to $9(example for footings).
Where we have to key in the rate $9? After 6 months the rate has gone up to $ 13(at third floor)
How to ascertain the cost of concrete for the project and cost of concrete at footing level and other floors?
How to see the overall concrete cost variance (savings/loss) with respect to budget which was made during initial base line

ANSWER: Dear Anil,

I am sorry for late response as  i was away.

1- the different prices can be inserted in the resource.Go the selected resource in the resource dictionary . in the TAB " UNITS AND PRICES" Use the effective date to put different applicable rates as you mentioned. P6 will calculated the cost accordingly

2- use the different filters or use resource usage profile  TAB(for this option)

3-For cost variance
i believe the cost variance can be seen by inserting the cost variance column.please let me know if u r asking otherwise.Plus u can also see the CPI value to see if you are under budget(if CPI value is greater than 1) or over budget(If CPI Value is Less than 1).

If things are not clear please come back to me.

Best regards,

My regular practice is to develop a program in an excel sheet.Once it it is developed,I would be copying in to the planning soft ware(which is possible in MSP).
Is there any way that we can copy the activity details cells in primavera from excel sheet directly?

Thanks for the querry,

please follow these steps:

-     Go to FILE --- IMPORT.

-     a dialog box will appear in front of you.Import FORMAT. slect the option Spreadsheet .click next.

-     Select the source/ path of excel sheet file to be imported.

-     A dialog box " IMPORT TYPE" will your required options.Click next.

-     A dialog box " IMPORT PROJECT OPTIONS" will your required options(update exiting project, new ..etc).Click next.

-     In the next TAB Click finish.

If things are not clear please comeback.

best Regards,

Planning with Primavera

Muhammad Taimoor Alam

Questions related to technical tools of primavera, resource loading, cost loading, preparing and monitoring the baselines, contractual correspondence linked to primavera, how to use custom ideas in the programs. Most important is the link between the activities as per given specs and preparation of claim as per Contract FIDIC linked with plan on primavera Plus question related to contracts, regarding claims specially associated with time extension, taxation,deductions on Payment certificates can be entertained.Also questions related to Primaver 6 are entertained.

Experience in high rise buildings planning,contract, execution and technical data of the material to be used at site.And some knowledge about the design of structures. Some experince in roads as well

Worked with five multinational firms.And on high Rise Building project.Currently on a water transmission project in KSA.

BSC in Civil Engineering Certified PMP(project management Professional from PMI) Certified PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional from PMI)

Project Management professional (PMP-PMI) Scheduling Professional (PMI -SP) Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (MPEC)