Planning with Primavera/Re;Updating Qty & Resource

Dear Sir,

I want to know how to update if we have Orginal Duration, qty, Rate & Amount AND Labour Resourse only Man days.

My queries is while updating do we need to update 1. Duration 2. Labour Resourse & 3. Quantity ...all seprately.

Or Which Type of Udating option i should select

Thanks for your question.I Would like to reply as follows:

1- You can select for percentage complete type for an activity duration, physical and units.

2- % Duration Type is preferable if you are 100% sure of the estimated duration of the activity.

3- % Physical Type is good option. As it allows us to estimate the expected completion date for an activity.In this case you have to manually update the actual units for resources.

4- % Units Type will give the option of expected finish date(manually) and it will also update the resources automatically based on the percentage you have entered in % unit BOX.

It is upto the user which ever option he wants to use but for i prefer to use % Physical Type or % unit completed depending upon the situation.

If things are not clear please come back.

Best Regards,

Planning with Primavera

Muhammad Taimoor Alam

Questions related to technical tools of primavera, resource loading, cost loading, preparing and monitoring the baselines, contractual correspondence linked to primavera, how to use custom ideas in the programs. Most important is the link between the activities as per given specs and preparation of claim as per Contract FIDIC linked with plan on primavera Plus question related to contracts, regarding claims specially associated with time extension, taxation,deductions on Payment certificates can be entertained.Also questions related to Primaver 6 are entertained.

Experience in high rise buildings planning,contract, execution and technical data of the material to be used at site.And some knowledge about the design of structures. Some experince in roads as well

Worked with five multinational firms.And on high Rise Building project.Currently on a water transmission project in KSA.

BSC in Civil Engineering Certified PMP(project management Professional from PMI) Certified PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional from PMI)

Project Management professional (PMP-PMI) Scheduling Professional (PMI -SP) Member of Pakistan Engineering Council (MPEC)