You are here:

Plant Diseases/curly willow tree


ARoses wrote at 2013-03-14 17:31:14
You really need to have an arborist or tree expert come out to your site to look at it or responsibly put a sample in a sealed bag and take it to your local extension service.  Typically, if it seems like a disease, treat it with a fungicide, if it seems like bugs, treat it with an insecticide.  I have worked in nurseries for many years and do find it quite irresponsible when people bring samples of their problems into a nursery.  It can spread disease onto healthy plants, and frankly is just wasting your local garden center person's time.  They sell plants, it's not their job to diagnose your plant problems.  That is what an extension service is for.

Plant Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jennifer Olson


Plant diseases affecting vegetables, fruits, nuts, lawns, trees, shrubs and ornamental plants. I have just volunteered as an expert on this site as of 01/2011.


Identification and management of plant diseases. Have been employed as a Plant Disease Diagnostician since 2002 and currently work in the Plant Disease and Insect Diagnostic Laboratory at the Oklahoma State University.

National Plant Diagnostic Network, Great Plains Diagnostic Network

B.S. Biology - Lebanon Valley College; M.S. Plant and Soil Sciences,concentration Plant Pathology - University of Delaware; Ph.D. in progress - Oklahoma State University.

Past/Present Clients
Home gardeners, Hobbiests, Plant Breeders, Extension Educators, Nurseries, Greenhouses, Golf Courses, Departments of Agriculture, Industry professionals

©2017 All rights reserved.