Plant Diseases/Hibiscus Care

Steven wrote at 2013-08-20 18:30:30
To persons who have/enjoy Weeping Hibiscus plants. I have a potted peach in color Weeping Hibiscus tree. I had trouble with it's foliage turning yellow and dropping the leaves. I had it in direct sunlight all day. I watered it just about everyday. It still dropped it's foliage after yellowing. I began a therapy regimine by placing the Hibiscus on my front porch 'facing west'. The Hibiscus would receive morning sun until about noon time. Then afternoon sunlight from about 4-5pm. Between those hours it would receive indirect sunlight. I fertilized the Hibiscus once a week with a 30-10-10 fertilizer. Also, I began adding 1/8 cup of white vinegar to a gallon of water for daily watering (irrigated from top to bottom until water mixture begins to drain into pot base. The Hibiscus tree has stopped producing yellow leaves/dropping them. The Hibiscus is beautiful. It is bring forth new branches/leaves in abundance. In the winter the Hibiscus will be inside my residence receiving light through the windows accompanied by a plant light. Enjoy your Hibiscus.

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.