Plant Diseases/Yucca Plants

Question
I have several Yucca Plants that I have had for years, however, now they are dying.  My Gardner showed me the very moist root system today as he was pulling them up.  

In the trunk of the yucca were bored holes in all of them and finally he found the boring worms that appear to be killing all of them.  The worm is yellowish in color with brownish head and pinchers that are eating into the trunk.

They remind me of the good worm in the country called grub worm but these are not ivory color as grub.  I have researched all p.m. to see if I could determine what to do.  If you have any suggestions on what has attacked my yuccas or what to do,please let me know.  Thank you in advance for receiving my message.

Answer
Ann:

I am not a good "bug" ID person, however if you can take a closeup photo and send, I can show it to a colleague of mine who is knowledgeable in that area.  You can also collect 2-3 of these in a small bottle and carry in to your local county Agriculture Extension office to get an ID.  This office is usually located in the courthouse building in your county seat city.

If you send a photo, be sure to review it first on your computer- to be sure it is crisp and not blurry.

Regards
Steve

Plant Diseases

Dr Stephen Vann