Plant Diseases/sick datura

My older daturas (Angel's Trumpet) were fine, healthy and large. These 2 new ones just look wierd. They showed symptoms about a month after I planted them. All around them Camellias are thriving. One is in total shade from being under a tree and the other gets some AM sun, then speckled shade. They are both suffering from the same thing.

Half of the leaves are totally white. The others are curled up distorted and speckled white and very, small. One shoot has the leaves coming directly out of the main branch and are white and crippled looking and very small.  I am at my wit's end and can you help figure this one out.....Please.

thanking you in advance,

Hi Eve, if it is Datura and the flowers point up, they are very bug ridden plants.  I would suggest Atomic Grow which would raise the brix (sugar) in the plant and make it healthy so the bugs would leave it alone.  Being organic is another plus and can do the same for all your plants.  kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley

Tropical plants in Florida, Bamboo, Vines, Fruit trees, Antique Roses, rare plants from around the world.

Nursery business for 19 years

Bamboo Society, Rare Tree Society, Rare Fruit Tree Society, Passiflora Society

Florida Gardening Sarasota Magazine Bradenton Herald Tribune Sarasota Herald Tribune

Self taught, family history of nursery business