Plant Diseases/Rosemary

Susan wrote at 2013-04-20 22:38:06
Mary & others with "spittlebug" gooey balls on their Rosemary bushes. Here in S. Nevada, I go through a few weeks of continually having to spray them off with just my finger over the hose for more pressure. They seem to wash off fairly easily, and each day (in late spring/early summer here!)I look for them and suddenly one day, they stop putting their gooey balls for breeding. I wouldn't spray anything as we use my Rosemary trimmings for herbs in our food. We have 7 Rosemary plants, and they seem to attach them overnight if not within a few hours. Keep spraying with water, and eventually they give up.  

LT wrote at 2015-11-05 21:58:07
my Rosemary has the white sappy substance and has killed some of the branches.

I am picking it off and will try the water tx.

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.