Plant Diseases/Orange jasmine plant

Hi,I have got this plant as present..and..I really like it!!But now after a week is leaves are full of little circular spot!!Very light green!!And i don't now what is and how can I try to take it off!!
Is very young too, is a kind of half arms high...!!
If you know,could you please tell me how,and same tips to keep healthy my plant!Thanks.

Dear Giulia, Orange jasmine grows best when given plenty of light, good drainage, and regular feeding.  I think that the light color probably suggests that it isn't getting enough light or food.  For best results, you should grow this plant outside in a sunny spot, but if you are growing it as a houseplant, make sure to keep it by a west or south facing window, and maybe occasionally take it outside for some sun.  Be sure to water the plant well, but let it drain completely, and if you have a saucer or tray underneath it, be sure to empty the water standing in it.  Water only when the top inch of the soil is dry.  Give it a light feeding every 20 or 30 days, but you can hold off during the hottest summer month or two.  Now, the circular spots are more of a problem.  This suggests some sort of fungal disease.  To help get rid of it, keep the plant in brighter light, and keep the drainage good as already mentioned, plus, if there aren't too many, remove all the spotted leaves, and then I would spray with the strongest fungicide I could find.  Be sure to look on the list of active ingredients in the label to see what chemical you are spraying with.  I am not sure what the available fungicides in Australia are, but a good one is Proprioconozole.  Some countries have gone to a mostly organic system, and a very good organic fungal control is NEEM.  When you increase the light and the plant is being watered and fed well, then much of the tendency to develop fungal spots should go away, but be sure to write back if you have further problems, or if you have more questions.  Good luck, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.