Plant Diseases/Rosemary Bugs

Question
My large potted rosemary plant has taken on a sick looking yellowish spotted look on some of the branches.  There appear to be tiny bugs in the plant and there are webs all though it with small spiders on them.  Are the spiders eating the bugs or are they part of the problem?  I'm unfamiliar with rosemary problems, I love cooking with the herb and have never had this problem before.  HELP!

Answer
Dear Jaclyn, You have an unusual case of spider mites infesting your rosemary.  Not to worry, this can be easily fixed.  Get a NEEM product from your gardening center, and spray the plant thoroughly.  NEEM is a good thing to have around as it kills insects, mites, and fungus.  Any NEEM containing product will work; it should be listed on the active ingredients. Spray the plant thoroughly with the NEEM, then spray again after 5-7 days.  You may have to spray 3 or 4 times to completely get rid of them.  Be sure to inspect nearby plants for signs of infestation as well.  Let me know if you have trouble getting NEEM, or if you have other questions, but this should clear the problem up.  Good luck, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston