Plant Diseases/apple

Question
Hi.I have sprayed my apple trees with cabrio top fungicide mixed with chelated calcium and boron but apple have dropped more comparison to others orchards.

Answer
Dear Vivek, Please forgive my very late response but I have been away on a short vacation.  Try not to worry too much about the fruit drop.  It is natural for apple trees to drop many of their fruit, especially this time of year.  There is even a name for it - June drop.  It is difficult to see the trees bloom so much and set a lot of fruit, only to have them fall in great numbers, but the trees will drop fruit that it can't support.  Other fruit such as peaches need to be thinned by hand, but apples do this by themselves. Fruit trees may actually start this thinning process earlier in the season by shedding some flowers that were not  pollinated. You might not notice this, because you expect the flowers to drop. But when you see actual fruits starting to fall, it becomes more alarming. Make sure your fruit trees get plenty of water and also that they򲥠not sitting in wet soil. But preventing June drop is not a good thing. The tree and its fruit will grow best if the immature fruit is thinned slightly. June drop is not just normal, it򳠡ctually good for the tree. You򬬠get larger fruits, but the branches of your fruit trees won򴠢e so heavy they need propping up.  Otherwise, it sounds like your orchard is doing well.  Keep up the spraying schedule.  (If you have misplaced the one I sent you, let me know and I can send you another one.)  I wish you the very best success with your apple crop this year, so please let me know if you have any problems as soon as they arise, and I will try very hard to be more prompt with my reply.  My very best regards, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston