Plant Diseases/Hibiscus with white fungus

Question
Hibiscus
Hibiscus  
Good Afternoon,

I live in Virginia.  One of the hibiscus plants I have on my front steps has spreading white stuff on the stems.  In some places it is almost powdery while in others it looks like the build up of little flat oval shapes.  This "stuff" also attracts ants.  

I have lived here and had plants for 7 year and have never seen this before.  I would like to figure out how to treat this problem so that I do not have to throw out the plant.

Thank you,

Jenn

Answer
Hi Jenn,  Hibiscus gets lots of bug problems especially here in FL.  I use Atomic Grow to raise the brix (sugar) to make the plants healthy and the bugs go away.  It also cleans off the leaves so the sun can get in.  The best part is that is is organic and made from food.  A healthy plant has no bugs.  kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley