Plant Diseases/dwarf yaupon holly look sick

Hi! I live in Dallas, within the last two months my five dwarf yaupon hollies have started to turn black in a donut fashion,  green in the center with a black donut and green growth on the outside. Can you give me insight to what is causing this?

Generally, these plants are quite hardy. The symptoms that you describe do not sound like a bona fide infectious disease but rather a potential adverse environment that the plants may have been subjected to.  Sometimes if the plants have gone through a period of drought or extreme heat, they may change color.  I am assuming that these plants are established in your landscape.  You may wish to reviewyour watering schedules and also consider examining the bases of the affected plants for any evidence of bark damage or other irregularities.

If you wish, consider sending me a photo showing this blackening effect.

Plant Diseases

Dr Stephen Vann

Plant Diseases and Disorders of Lawn Grasses, Trees, Vegetables,and Ornamentals

Plant Diseases Identification and Management

B.S. Botany --- Miss. State Univ. M.S. Plant Pathology --- Miss. State Univ. Ph.D. Plant Pathology --- Texas A & M Univ.