Plant Diseases/apple

Question are you.l have sprayed chemical epibrassinolide on my apples.what is it meant for.

Dear Vivek, I assume you sprayed the epibrassinolide on developing apples.  This is a chemical that I think is classified as a hormone, but it should increase the size of your apples, help them to ripen earlier, and generally strengthen your tree, leaves, and the current fruit crop.  It should give you a better yield of fruit this fall.  Your apples should look better, color better, and be larger.  It sounds great.  Keep up the good work.  I am hoping you have a great crop this fall.  Good luck, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.