Plant Diseases/apple

Hi.on epibrassinolide your answer was superb.but what I want to know from when I must spray it on my apples so I could fetch large size every year.Is there any danger for many sprays should I do my apples.

Dear Vivek, My apologies for the lateness of this answer.  There isn't a great deal of information on epibrassinolide apart from the technical chemical information, but apparently you can start spraying the tree when the flowers start.  I wouldn't actually spray the open flowers because you don't want to interfere with the bees pollinating the trees.  I would spray the tree right before the flowers open.  This will help prevent fruit and flower drop.  Then I am not getting clear information on how often you should spray the developing fruit, but I would probably spray every 2 to 4 weeks.  This will help the deformed fruit even out, increase the amount of top quality fruits by quite a bit and it is supposed to increase your crop yield from 15-50% more than usual.  Also, when you spray it on the fruit entering the coloring stage, it will help the fruits develop color earlier as well as improve the appearance and shape of the fruit.  It is also very helpful to the tree as it helps the leaves reach a larger size and make the leaves greener and thicker.  It also helps the trees to resist disease. This sounds like a very good thing for your apple trees.  I hope this information helps, and once again, I apologize for my late reply.  Melissa  

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.