Plant Diseases/Ionantha Mexican Ball-Tillandsia Air Plant

I have had this air plant for 4 to 5 years now all of a sudden it is dying on me. Noticed a white film on body of plant. Can you tell me what it might be and how can i save the part of the plant that is still healthy and treat it so it does not dye.

Thank you and God Bless

Hi Donna,  White film could be a fungus from all this rain we are having.  I have noticed it on some of my mulberry trees and fruit trees because of all the rain and humidity.  I use a product called Atomic Grow which raises the brix, (sugar) in the plant to make it healthy.  Completely organic, made from food.  It does not kill anything, when a plant is healthy bugs go to sick plants.  It works on air plants as well as most plants and edibles.  Veggies take just a small amount to keep the critters away.  

Happy Gardening

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley

Tropical plants in Florida, Bamboo, Vines, Fruit trees, Antique Roses, rare plants from around the world.

Nursery business for 19 years

Bamboo Society, Rare Tree Society, Rare Fruit Tree Society, Passiflora Society

Florida Gardening Sarasota Magazine Bradenton Herald Tribune Sarasota Herald Tribune

Self taught, family history of nursery business