Plant Diseases/apple

Question
Hi.I witnessed rats beneath apple trees as rats have constructed deep holes which allows the soil to set down.I know it will damage my apple trees,how to kill rats.

Answer
Dear Vivek, This is a serious problem.  Rats can destroy your orchard.  One thing you should do is get solid type rat poison and tie it in the trees, where the rats might eat it.  Also, you should set out as many traps as you can.  Make sure they are kill traps, because you can't release them and expect them not to return.  Also look for any nesting areas and destroy them.  Try to get as many killed as quickly as you can before they breed and get completely unmanageable.  Rat poison bait is probably your best bet.  I hope this information helps.  Let me know how you are doing with this problem.  Good luck, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston