Plant Diseases/Ligustrum

I live on the east coast of Florida in the Tampabay area. I have A ligustrum tree that I planted in the ground about 8 years ago. This season I've noticed what looks like tiny little leafs all over the plant in clumps. after a while they turn brown . when I say tiny there about the size of really small ants.

Hi Alan,  You may have two problems and usually black leaves it too much water and the roots are rotting.  Little leaves could be a bug problem and the leaves are not developing.  Ligustrum is a bug hang out.  I use Atomic Grow which raises the brix or sugar in a plant.  Bugs do not like sugar leaves so they leave and the plant begins to grow again.   kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley

Tropical plants in Florida, Bamboo, Vines, Fruit trees, Antique Roses, rare plants from around the world.

Nursery business for 19 years

Bamboo Society, Rare Tree Society, Rare Fruit Tree Society, Passiflora Society

Florida Gardening Sarasota Magazine Bradenton Herald Tribune Sarasota Herald Tribune

Self taught, family history of nursery business