Plant Diseases/Cycad/sago plant

Question
I have an indigenous cycad that has been growing wonderfully for the past 30 years.
It has also given me a few cones in the past.  This year the leaves began growing with
The leafs turning black and the stem soft. What is the problem?

Answer
Hi Valerie,  I have added a website that gives you descriptions about your cycad.  I believe it is root rot and somehow this year maybe got more water than usual?  They give some options on how to cure the problem and it may be too big a problem for you to do some of it their way.  You could use a product, after cleaning up the dead parts, called Atomic Grow.  It will heal the cycad and make the roots grow, clean off the fungus so it does not continue to spread.  It is organic and I have seen it do miracles on dying plants and can be used to keep them that way.  So here is the site...  http://www.junglemusic.net/cycadadvice/cycad-my-cycad-is-in-trouble.htm   kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley