Plant Diseases/fertilizer

Question
Hi found your tips useful everytime ,I want to know that what chemical composition contains in cow,sheep and hen dung.Last year I applied sheep fertilizer but I think application for subsequent year is harmful as it is,very hot.What do you think and what science says about fertilize.

Answer
Dear Vivek, Sorry I am just now getting to your question, but I actually only saw it an hour ago.  I don't think I'm getting all my questions, so I will look into it.  Actually sheep manure is still the best choice, especially since you have a local resource for it.  Chicken manure will be much hotter than sheep, and cow will be hotter too actually.  If you think it is too strong, I would reduce the amount that you use.  Chicken would be very high in nitrogen and might cause too much fast growth which will encourage aphids and other pests to feed on your trees.  You might try composting it a bit first, or just use a lighter application.  The actual NPK - nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium of these fertilizers will vary on how old the animals are, whether they are beef or dairy cattle, the age of the chickens, and other factors.  After doing a heavy fertilizing, maybe follow up with a very light application.  I hope this helps answer your question.  Melissa Johnston

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston