Plant Diseases/Tibouchina unvilleana.. issues

I have noticed that my tibouchina lost a lot of leaves and the remaining leaves are drooping with brown areas on them. The plant is in the ground in a part shade area. It has noticed that the stems are long and the plant has become leggy. Any recommendations to save it? I was thinking of cutting it back and replanting it into a pot. Any suggestions.

Hi Joyce,  It is getting too much water and it is drowning.  Cut back on your watering and probably could use some trimming, no more than 1/3 at a time, to get it to fill out.  As long as it is getting 1/2 a day of sun it should be fine and come back for you.  Brown leaves too much water and yellowing of leaves quickly not enough.  kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley

Tropical plants in Florida, Bamboo, Vines, Fruit trees, Antique Roses, rare plants from around the world.

Nursery business for 19 years

Bamboo Society, Rare Tree Society, Rare Fruit Tree Society, Passiflora Society

Florida Gardening Sarasota Magazine Bradenton Herald Tribune Sarasota Herald Tribune

Self taught, family history of nursery business