Plant Diseases/Tibouchina unvilleana.. issues

Question
Kathy,

I have noticed that my tibouchina lost a lot of leaves and the remaining leaves are drooping with brown areas on them. The plant is in the ground in a part shade area. It has noticed that the stems are long and the plant has become leggy. Any recommendations to save it? I was thinking of cutting it back and replanting it into a pot. Any suggestions.

Answer
Hi Joyce,  It is getting too much water and it is drowning.  Cut back on your watering and probably could use some trimming, no more than 1/3 at a time, to get it to fill out.  As long as it is getting 1/2 a day of sun it should be fine and come back for you.  Brown leaves too much water and yellowing of leaves quickly not enough.  kathy

Plant Diseases

kathy crowley