Plant Diseases/Black Mold Slime

Hello Dr.Vann. On a mushroom hunt I came a black slime mold. I have become very curious about the slimes identification. In trying to identify through online means, I came across a question about a black slime mold found in Anchorage in which the photo resembles the one I took. The slime was very delicate and seemed to dissolve upon touch. The question you answered was from 2010. I was wondering if any further information was available about this slime mold. I found the slime mold in Western Massachusetts. Any information on how I can find out more about this black slime mold would be greatly appreciated.

I am a member of a group of plant disease diagnosticians that can post photos etc about different topics.  If you care to send me a good quality photo, I can post it to this list serve.  Try to include some background information such as the location and time of year and approximate size.

Plant Diseases

Dr Stephen Vann

Plant Diseases and Disorders of Lawn Grasses, Trees, Vegetables,and Ornamentals

Plant Diseases Identification and Management

B.S. Botany --- Miss. State Univ. M.S. Plant Pathology --- Miss. State Univ. Ph.D. Plant Pathology --- Texas A & M Univ.