Plant Diseases/Fungiside control

Question
Sir,fungiside spray is applicable during blooming?Which is the best pestside for curbing the scab?

Answer
Dear Irshad, I am so sorry to be late with this reply.  You can apply fungicide spray to apples from the time the buds are just beginning to swell right up until 30 days before harvest, if needed.  You don't want to spray while the flowers are open and the bees are out, because you will harm the bees and prevent the flowers from setting fruit.  However, if the fruit has set and there are no leaf spots, you may not need further sprayings.  One extra measure you may take to help prevent the scab from developing is to make sure you remove any fallen leaves in the orchard and generally keep the orchard clean.  Scab will be worse during the rainy weather.  The recommended fungicides to prevent and control scab will contain the active ingredients captan, Neem (which is native to your country), or sulfur/lime sulfur (be very careful about spraying this during high heat, as it can burn the leaves).  These are all organic ingredients, and they will be listed un 'active ingredients' on the fungicide label.  I hope this information helps and once again, I apologize for my lateness.  Please write back if you have further questions.  Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston