Plant Diseases/A sick plant(?) and a book about plant pathology

Question
Hi Melissa,

Despite the care instructions, some people still treat flytraps as houseplants.  Some carnivorous plant experts I talk with stop growing temperate plants, including flytraps, because they don't want to take the trouble to put the little guys to "bed" in October.  Maybe I care too much about the plants because I'd worry about them if I suspected that their new owners would mistreat them, probably unknowing, when they, the plants, got home.  Sometimes, after I explain what special help a flytrap needs, I could almost swear that the people I talk with ignore what I tell them.

I forget why you mentioned Mozart.  Are you alluding to the day when a record store employee pointed out recordings of Mozart concertos when I asked whether any operas by that composer were in stock?  Right church, wrong pew, and wrong parishioners. :)

These links will take you to my favorite nursery sites.

http://www.flytrapcare.com
http://www.carnivorousplantnursery.com
nttp://www.californiacarnivores.com

"William.j.mcenaney" comes before the at sign in my Gmail address.  If a moderator or a computer needs to delete this paragraph, I'll understand.  But I thought I'd try again.

God bless,
Bill

Answer
Dear Bill, Thank you so much for the links to the carnivorous plant sites.  I looked up the carnivorous plant nursery one briefly and was astonished at the selection.  I will definitely check them out thoroughly and probably pick out a few.  Currently I have limited internet access for the next few days as I am out of town and the connections here are sporadic.  I'll send you an update soon.  Regards, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston