Plant Diseases/A sick plant(?) and a book about plant pathology

Hi Melissa,

Despite the care instructions, some people still treat flytraps as houseplants.  Some carnivorous plant experts I talk with stop growing temperate plants, including flytraps, because they don't want to take the trouble to put the little guys to "bed" in October.  Maybe I care too much about the plants because I'd worry about them if I suspected that their new owners would mistreat them, probably unknowing, when they, the plants, got home.  Sometimes, after I explain what special help a flytrap needs, I could almost swear that the people I talk with ignore what I tell them.

I forget why you mentioned Mozart.  Are you alluding to the day when a record store employee pointed out recordings of Mozart concertos when I asked whether any operas by that composer were in stock?  Right church, wrong pew, and wrong parishioners. :)

These links will take you to my favorite nursery sites.

"William.j.mcenaney" comes before the at sign in my Gmail address.  If a moderator or a computer needs to delete this paragraph, I'll understand.  But I thought I'd try again.

God bless,

Dear Bill, Thank you so much for the links to the carnivorous plant sites.  I looked up the carnivorous plant nursery one briefly and was astonished at the selection.  I will definitely check them out thoroughly and probably pick out a few.  Currently I have limited internet access for the next few days as I am out of town and the connections here are sporadic.  I'll send you an update soon.  Regards, Melissa

Plant Diseases

Melissa Johnston

Plant diseases, landscaping, tropical plants, roses, herbs, plant care, grafting, horticulture, plant identification, anything about plants I can likely answer.

35 years experience in various plant businesses, 1984 Certified Texas Master Gardener.

Master Gardener Association of Texas charter member

none as of yet, but I have a plant q&a book I am in process of submitting.

Magna cum laude graduate of Texas A&M, 1978

Plant growing awards, highest grade for Texas Master Gardener graduates.

Past member of and was very highly rated. Owned landscape company in the past, Almost Paradise, and was very successful despite little equipment, no help, and no advertising. Lived well for two years until 9/11.