Plant Diseases/Bromeliad

I was given this beautiful plant about two months ago, and I have tried to carefully follow instructions (light, temperature, water).  In past 2-3 weeks, its red bloom has progressively turned brown (but not dry/brittle).  The leaves are all healthy and strong.  Is this a normal life cycle?  Any corrective action?  Thanks.

Since the leaves appear normal, I would not suspect a disease issue.  The fading of the flower is probably normal.  The flower often can remain on the plant for long periods and may not rebloom for an extended period.  I am not familiar with what the bloom frequency is for this pineapple relative, but it may be awhile before it does rebloom. These plants do not require a lot of attention.  Be sure not to overwater these because it can lead to root rot etc.  You may check in with your local garden center/nursery for their day to day maintenance.

Plant Diseases

Dr Stephen Vann

Plant Diseases and Disorders of Lawn Grasses, Trees, Vegetables,and Ornamentals

Plant Diseases Identification and Management

B.S. Botany --- Miss. State Univ. M.S. Plant Pathology --- Miss. State Univ. Ph.D. Plant Pathology --- Texas A & M Univ.