Plant Diseases/Trouble with Spruces

i have enclosed pictures of a Norway Weeping Spruce, picea Abies Frohburg which I planted in Charlotte North Carolina in November 2015.  This Spring, i noticed sap oozing from the top twisted main limb and some smaller branches.  I should point out that this Spring and Summer have been much hotter than normal.   I sprayed both a fungicide, spinosad and neem oil at different times in the evening to the areas.  I also have been spraying a sharp stream of water in case of spider mites.  I have increased watering to the tree as well as cutting off affected branches.

This maybe the problem
I would water once a week and water with two gals Do this If it does not rain that week. This will take care of the chance that there is too much water. I would fertilize the tree now with a cup of 10-10-10 fertilizer scattered around the tree and water in good. Fertilize again in the spring. Make sure that you do not use a product called Weed and Feed on your lawn. This contains a herbicide that will kill trees. The rest of the things you are doing are good --prune the dead dying twigs out, dip the pruning shears in alcohol between cutting to keep down the spread from the shears,

Plant Diseases

Jim Hyland

30 years experiance in the ID and management of forest diseases and ID of landscape tree diseases.