Plant Operations/Maintenance/conveyor belt

Question
in conveyor system the belt is already tensed position while at installation.
but the take-up pulley tries to adjust the belt when the belt starts, what's the reason .

Answer
I'm not totally understanding your question or maybe the situation. However, I believe what you describe is due to the torque created at startup. At correct tension and without carry load, the belt is tightened to correct specification. At startup, the torque necessary to move the belt will transfer to the belt tension and as the belt tightens, the take-up pulley will adjust to the increase. Once at speed, the take-up pulley should relax to the original position until material is placed on the belt and then the take-up pulley again responds. This time, to the weight of the material creating additional load tension. If this is not what you are asking, please rephrase.  

Plant Operations/Maintenance

Glyn Thorman