Plant Operations/Maintenance/Pump rating

Hi, I need to pump detergent slurry through a 1/2'' pipe to a vertical height of 8 meters. Maximum pressure expected is 50psi. What power rating for the electrical motor of centrifugal pump should I consider?

Hi Obi, You would need to determine the H/p requirement for the pump. The pump manufacturer would be my first choice. Contact them if you don't have information on this pump. They should be able to tell you the h/p requirement for this type of load. Once you have this information you can select a suitable motor. At that point you can provide the sufficient amperage protection for the motor. The calculation to do this is complex. I hope this helps. Mike

Plant Operations/Maintenance

Mike Biro

I can answer any questions on Mechanical technology. Rigging, shop practices, Hydraulics, Pnuematics,Gears, bearings, belts, fasteners, Safety, Machine tools. Anything within the scope of the Millwright Apprenticeship. All areas of plant maintenance.

30yrs plant experience light packaging, heavy industrial( Steel and Auto). Taught the entire Millwright course for over 12yrs at three provincial colleges. Published the Study tool titled Millwright Exam Questions available from 2007-2009. Personally helped over 400 students successfully obtain their trade licenses.

Brant#45 Masonic Lodge

Ebay- Sold Publication for 3 yrs Titled Millwright exam Questions

Licensed Millwright since 1991, Electronic Eng. Tech. since 1982. Bachelor degree 2008.

George Brown College and Mohawk College Numerous individual students