Plastic Surgery/congenital symmastia

char wrote at 2010-02-20 08:05:34
hi claire. if it makes you feel any better, i too have congenital symmastia :) i didn't even know what to call it, except my all natural uniboob until a few months ago. so we are not alone eh? but i too want to be able to wear a bikini or just normally and comfortably fit into a bra one day. i am tired of this taught skin floating about my sternum. please let me know what you come up with. Thanks to you and Dr. E for considering us when some doctors only bother to think of it in terms of post augmentation mess-ups. i do understand your frustration. i am optimistic from what i have read just today on other sites too. cheers!

Jessica wrote at 2013-12-10 16:17:50
Hi my name is Jessica. I have been suffering with congenital symmastia since I was twelve years old. I have had no breast repair or enhancements. I suffer with blisters and irritation in the middle of my breasts. I am a size 36d and it is extreamly painful on a daily basis. I was taunted really bad in school for this and called horrible names as well. I'm not equipped finacially to go through with the procedure but I wish that one day someone would help me. I would rather not have any boobs than have these messed up ones. I can't find any bra that fits me right and forget about a bathing suit. If I wear a sports bra it causes back pain due to the lack or support and the same goes for wireless bras as well. So u end up having to wear underside bras that puncture holes into my chest and cause open wounds and sores. I just need help, like I said I would rather have no breast than to suffer with the ones I have now. It is a constant battle with the pain physically and emotionally

Plastic Surgery

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS