Plastic Surgery/Age of a Burn Scar

Question
Hi Daniel. I have been asked if it is possible to use the current clinical status of a scald/burn scar to confirm that a subject was subject to an act of domestic violence in May 2012.

My searches to date using Medline and Goggle etc have come to naught.

Are you aware of any forensic literature or process which have been used.

Kind Regards
Dr Robert KF Hughes MBBS MRCGP

Answer
Dear Robert,

I doubt that anyone can say that any particular burn scar is due to a particular event, including any incident of domestic violence. There are just too many variables to account for. Hope this helps. Good luck and fare well.

Sincerely,
Daniel Kaufman, MD, MSc
Board-Certified Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
www.DiscreetPlasticSurgery.com

Plastic Surgery

Daniel Kaufman, MD, MSc