Plastic Surgery/Breast Reduction issues post surgery

Hello! I had lollipop breast reduction, the Dr. twisted the nipples when moving them up and then now slant and are oval. I am mainly concerned about the left nipple and how it is more shriveled and puffy and the coloring of the nipple is leaking down into the vertical scar due to what I believe is the way the stitching was done. Please advise me on why this happened if it is fixable. Thanks!

I don't do that many breast reduction anymore. However, reductions and lift that require an incision around the areola can sometimes  result in asymmetry  in the shape or the size of the areola. If it is early in your recovery, then tissue may relax and the shape of the areola my become rounder.  You should talk with your surgeon and he/ she may be able to make adjustments to improve the shape of the areola. This can often be down under local  anesthesia and in the office with little recovery.
Thank you

Plastic Surgery

babak farzaneh

I am a COSMETIC SURGEON and exclusively practice cosmetic surgery. I can answer all questions regarding cosmetic surgery of the face, body and breast. I have been in practice since 2006. I prefer not to answer questions regarding reconstruction, microvascular surgery or hand surgery.

I have been in private practice since 2006 performing all aspects of body, face and breast cosmetic surgery. To date I have performed over three thousands cometic surgery procedures with less than 0.5% revision rate.

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery World Academy of Cosmetic Surgery

I completed a two year post residency accredited cosmetic surgery fellowship program. To date, I have performed over three thousand cosmetic surgery procedures. I am a graduate of The College of William and Mary, where I obtained dual degrees in Biology and Chemistry. In 2001 I received my Medical Degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Following graduation, I served my residency in general and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Maryland Hospital, where I was awarded the coveted designation of “intern of the year.” Subsequently, I completed an additional two-year fellowship in face, breast and body cosmetic surgery under the directorship of Dr. Howard Tobin, past president of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

Most Compassionate Doctor 2010 Patients’ Choice Award 2008 Patients’ Choice Award 2010