Plastic Surgery/Uneven eyes

Question
Uneven eyes
Uneven eyes  

Uneven eyes #2
Uneven eyes #2  
Greetings.
I have been very embarrassed and somewhat ashamed of my eyes since the 6th grade, when I noticed my eyes are uneven in a school photo. Since then, I've done everything possible to avoid photos, or give myself a-symmetrical haircuts to make them look more even. I was wondering if there is any sort of surgery I could undergo that would make my eyes more even? I would very much appreciate a response.
Regards, Hannah Leigh.

Answer
First of all Hannah, you have a lovely smile and you should not be at all ashamed of your appearance.  Judging from the pictures, it seems as if the asymmetry of  your eyes is a structural asymmetry of the skull with the right orbit a bit lower that the left.  These asymmetries are very common, although yours is  a bit more that usual, judging from the pictures.  Unfortunately, it is not something that can be corrected, but, as I stated, I do not really feel that it detracts from your appearance. If it is of concern to you, and apparently it is, you might want to try using less eye makeup which would have the effect of not drawing as much attraction to your eyes.

All of us have asymmetries, which actually add to our unique appearance.  I do not feel you should be, in the least, feel bad about your appearance.

Plastic Surgery

Howard Tobin MD FACS